Mac devices are quite expensive and to keep them looking clean and new all the time, frequent cleaning is required. Considering the price you pay, good amount of care should be given while you clean your Mac device.
Much care should also be given while you use liquids to clean your Mac as damages caused to your Mac because of liquids are not covered under any warranty.
To give you a better understanding of the best practices to clean Mac devices, today we are here with an article on how to properly clean Mac devices.
How to Properly Clean Mac Devices?
- First and foremost, power OFF your Mac and make sure that it is disconnected from the external power source and any other external peripherals.
- In order to clean the exterior of your Mac, make use of a soft, lint-free, and damp cloth. This is recommended as otherwise strands and other particles from normal cloth materials may get stuck on the small opening and can even cause scratches as well.
- Do not use water or any other liquids to clean the exterior as moisture may enter into the components either through ports or other openings.
- In order to clean the display, water can be used but do not spray water directly on the screen. Instead, use a lint-free and soft cloth and slightly dampen it in water only.
- Never use abrasives, disinfectant wipes, aerosol sprays, cleaners with hydrogen peroxide, or solvents to clean the display on your Mac.
- Do not keep any liquid items near your Mac device as it may spill.
- Do not try to open the outer case of your Mac device without proper knowledge or professional help as you may end up damaging the internal components and void the warranty on your device.
- If you are trying to clean the fingerprint scanner on your Mac device, then never use liquid for the cleaning purpose. The fingerprint scanner on all Apple devices has an oleophobic coating on them which helps removal of fingerprint easily with a microfiber cloth.
- Distilled Water is best recommended to clean as distilled water will not have any minerals that normal tap water does and hence no residue or deposits will be left behind after cleaning.
- While cleaning the keyboard on your Mac device, make sure not to apply excess pressure on the keys as it may damage the keys. Strictly do not use any liquids to clean the keyboard or the trackpad.
The tips listed above are the most particular steps to follow when you clean any Mac device. The steps also help to properly clean Mac devices without causing any damages.
In case you want to ask something about how to properly clean Mac devices, do leave a comment below with your question.